Qualifying and racing points
1. The system is still loosely based on the national series, but with less emphasis on the top 5 riders, and more on the mid-table finishers. We feel this is a more equitable solution, and should reward those riders who attend more races.
2. All riders who START a run will attract at least one point, this means that DNF riders now attract one point.
3. Riders who change categories during a season cannot carry points forward to the new category.
4. Unlike Nationals, the VDHS only qualifies the following categories:
- Elite men (top 30 only)
- Elite women (top 20 only)
- Under 19’s (top 20 only)
- Under 17’s (top 20 only)
5. Riders who finish a run will receive AT LEAST 2 points.
6. Any rider who does not start (DNS) or is disqualified (DSQ) will receive 0 points.
7. Riders CAN NOT DROP A ROUND for this series. This was decided at the VDHS AGM, May 2010 to prevent poor participation at less than favourable venues (hence being detrimental to a host club). Therefore every race counts towards the riders series standings.
8. State Champs Round is an individual standalone race. Riders start in the order they register. No points are awarded for State Champs Round.
10. All riders finishing after position 30 receive 2 points for both qualifying and racing.
Please note: Timing is done down to the 1000th of a second as per UCI rules.
VDHS points system
|Position||Qualifying points||Race points|